Sunday, February 25, 2007

Just because it's an outlet doesn't mean it's cheap



So Chelsea and I decided to get out of the city for a daily trip to an outlet mall (nothing cries Midwest tradition like an outlet mall). But, this was no ordinary outlet mall because it had stores that were far from "outlet". Stores like Chanel, Gucci, Barney's New York lined this quaint little outlet center that was nested in a crevasse of snow covered hills in Harriman, New York.

It started by us taking the PATH train (which is the New Jersey transit) from Manhattan to Hoboken, NJ. Since this was our first time, Chelsea had the bright idea that we leave a full hour and a half early in order to ensure no mistakes when transferring to the Metro North train at Hoboken. So we sat and waited in a beautiful train station where we met some amazing NJ locals (hilarious man at the market who thought I was a saint for cleaning up after myself).







After finally getting on the train, Chelsea and I just relaxed and enjoyed the scenery along the hour long train ride. Once we got off the train, a true "New Yorker" picked us up in the Village Taxi to take us to the shopping grounds. This place was so big we didn't even know where to start. It felt like we were in a "Texas-style" outlet mall (in more ways than one). Of course we made it a true experice by eating at the food court and shopping till we couldn't walk anymore. The weather was warm enough to not make us miserable and sun was shinning oh so brightly (see picture of us squinting our eyes).





Now I know you might not believe it, but Chelsea and I only walked away from this trip with only three bags! Turns out things at this place are STILL way out of our price range. But, regardless of our shopping success, we really enjoyed getting out of the city for a day. You can only be constrained by two rivers for so long.



Although several inches of snow is falling as I type this, Spring is showing promising signs of being near. The sun has been sticking around a little longer each day and the city is gearing up for it's blosum. We are waiting patiently.

LAST THING: So I got a lot of flack for not posting after I got engaged. I'm sure you've all heard the story by now, but if you haven't, just e-mail me and let me know. I'd be happy to share the whole thing with you.

I could not be happier right now. Even though the planning can get a little manotonous, I'm keeping the bigger picture in mind. The fact that I will be able to call my best friend my WIFE and spend the rest of my days on this Earth with her is the best feeling ever. I am counting down the days...and you should to! OCTOBER 13th, put it on the calendar.

Sorry it took so long for a post...I'm going to try and be better....blah...blah...blah (you've heard it all before).

be well.

3 comments:

thispresentsojourn said...

wait, what's happening october 13?

thispresentsojourn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
thispresentsojourn said...

your fans long for another post!