Hey everyone- Again, apologies for the late post. It is so easy to loose track of time in this city. I am understanding the meaning of this city's nickname(the city that never sleeps).
I am dumbfounded by the fact that I'm getting to experience this thing called "Fall". Growing up in the Texas weather, all I knew was hot and hotter. Even winter was a mild change from the norm, but not here in NYC! The high yesterday was 60 degrees! It is a good thing I had my long-sleeve shirts and jackets shipped up not too long ago. While most would complain about the cold (seeing as it means winter is around the corner), I absolutely love it. I can't wait to get out of the city and see the leaves changing. I think people that have lived here for some time don't take the time to see the beauty that is unfolding before us. Chelsea was lucky enough to go pick apples (that's right, I said pick apples) at an apple orchard in up-state NY. She came back telling me how amazing the landscape was and how it feels surreal to people who have never experienced it before.
Now seasons to me are not only about the weather changing. I think there are several things that change at certain times of the year. To that note, I can tell that I'm changing with the leaves. I am starting a season of reflection and growing. Around this time last year was when I started reading a lot more and taking time to think about where my life has been and where it's going. So to you I pose this question...What season are you approaching? I think it is essential to humanity to have these inner-seasons. Without them, we would become stale and not grow. The whole purpose of a season is to prepare and cultivate for what is to come.
To help with this change, I've joined a community group at the church I attend up here. It is a great way to encourage and be encouraged by others who are going through similar experiences. I think community is another essential to humanity. I just heard a message on how so many people in this city are lonely. It is true, life without community in this city is dark and depressing. Think about being in one of the largest cities and not having anyone to share life with. I am blessed to have people in this city that I want to do life with and visa versa.
So, that's my thoughts for now. I thank you all for your thoughts and prayers and I cannot wait to see/hear from you. If you are reading this, then just know that you mean a great deal to me and I would love to keep in close contact, so please call-write-E.mail-facebook-myspace-send a carrier pigeon, whatever it takes to keep in touch!
Much love from the Big Apple.
Sunday, October 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment